Monday, July 4, 2011

Forever and a Day


“It took me a day to fall in love and it took me forever to say goodbye.”

That was the line that made me curious about this movie. I expected a lot with this movie, because it was from Star Cinema and it was directed by Cathy Garcia Molina.

 The actors were good and the director too, but I was a bit disappointed with the story (not as disappointed with My Valentine Girls). The love story and scene progression was too fast. The story was not well established. As the story goes, there were two movies that came in my mind, A Walk to Remember and Love and Other Drugs.

The whole movie was like a localized slash copy cat slash collaboration of the two movies I mentioned. It doesn’t have any new element or twist in the story.

It was all about two people who accidentally fall in love with each other. The guy is one tough-stubborn man. The girl would leave a great impact in his life and bring in new perspective. One is dying and the other one doesn’t want to let go of his beloved.  But in the end he learned how to let go. In short it was a story of lovers struggling and fighting their love for each other against the unbeatable enemy, DEATH.

I am now alarmed with our movie industry. Sad to say most of the local movies are not worth to be watched on the big screen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment