Friday, June 24, 2011

PM, this one is for you :)

17th of April, around 7:30pm, on the 7pm Sunday Service at Victory Fort.

I was sitting there, at the first row, left most side (if coming from the door), on the first chair from the aisle, all alone. And there you were, standing in the middle of the stage, wearing your folded long sleeves polo and you slacks; all eyes and ears were on you (including me of course). Some may have known you already at that time, but not me.

The time that you stepped on that stage, I was smitten by your presence. J That very moment, I whispered, “Cutie si Pastor”. I was surprised when you introduced your mom and your stepdad and I presumed that you are single and not in relationship (I’m still keeping my fingers crossed that you are as I am writing this blog). As I looked at you from my chair, I whispered again, “Are you the JC de Vera of my life?” Only few people knew that I have a crush on JC de Vera and every time that I see you, you remind me of him. And as I listened as you preached the word and cite little things about you, I was amazed. You are such a good speaker and preacher. You seem to be so smart and witty; so serious yet has a good sense of humor. I have a feeling that we can talk anything under the sun. At that time I realized you have already captivated my heart. J

After the service, I thought that would be the last time that I’d be seeing you, coz I know you were just a substitute pastor for that day since Pastor P was not around. I know that you would be around the Victory Fort for a little while supervising the youth ministry, but I didn’t expect that I’ll be seeing you more often.

I was not able to attend the next two Sundays after I saw you. And when I attended the 10am service on the 15th of May, you were there. And Pastor J announced that you would be staying for good. I was delighted that I will have more chances of seeing you.

I admit I have a crush on you the very first day that I saw you and until now. Maybe that’s what they called, or maybe what I called, crush on the first sight. You charmed me.

I was born and raised in an active Christian family (or should I say clan), but I’ve never thought nor have it crossed my mind to have a crush with a pastor. Not until I saw you.

From then on, I always hoped and prayed that you are the one God has destined for me; that one day you would notice me and maybe we can start as good friends; and I hope someday you will read this blog with me by your side.

No comments:

Post a Comment