Sunday, July 24, 2011

Catch Me I’m In Love


I watched this movie yesterday and I thought I need to write a blog about it. So here I go.

The story was patterned to a very common love story, rich-and-poor-love-affair. And the characters was already used, Presidential kid fell in-love with a common people. But what I liked about this movie was that the writer was able to show a different angle of the story and that made it a unique one.

The movie was not the usual love-against-all-odds type. The characters did not struggle to fight their love with their parents or with other people around them. In fact everyone around was so supportive with them. No one took an effort to break them up. So where’s the conflict there?

How would you fight for your love if your enemy is yourself? Can you still fight for your love if your insecurities killing you? The biggest conflict in the movie was the girl’s struggle to fight their love with her own self. I haven’t seen any movie with the same storyline. In the movie, the girl had issues with her insecurities and what the “crowd” was saying about her being the girlfriend of the Presidential son. I don’t know if all the girls would agree if I say that, with us girls, when insecurities attacks it’s really hard to fight it off. Basically it was a love-against-yourself thing.

This movie made me realize how conflicting a girl’s mind can be.

No comments:

Post a Comment