Friday, January 13, 2012

TIM TEBOW, you already!


I am not a football fan. I don’t even watch a football game nor interested on any athletes on that field. Not until I watched the ‘Blind Side’. I was so moved by the movie and started to admire Michael Oher. I was captivated by his story. He was the only football player I know then.


But one day when I was browsing on my Twitter timeline, I came across this tweet from one of the pastors from Victory Fort (who would have thought that aside from the Word of God our pastors also enjoy discussions about sports like basketball and football ^_^ ) about the meeting they had and the discussion about NBA and ‘Tebow’. I got curious but not interested enough to Google it. Another Twitter user tweeted that he/she (I actually can’t remember who tweeted it. LOL) is a now certified fan of ‘Tebow’. Still, I didn’t Google. And today while channel hopping, I stopped on 2nd Ave with Inside Edition HD showing it’s headline. And guess what? This ‘Tebow’ was on the headline. So I watched and waited for the ‘Tebow’ segment.


Just a few gaps and the ‘Tebow’ segment is on. Video clippings started to roll showing how he kneeled down on one knee and lifted his praises and thanks to GOD. Now, he finally got me interested. Googled him and now I know who is this Tim Tebow they’re talking about.


Born in Makati, Philippines and son of a Pastor. Living his life in Christ despite of the fame and fortune. I’m a fan now! ^_^


He was known for being a good quarterback and for his unbelievable stats. Aside from that he was also known for his eye black of references from the Bible and for kneeling on one-knee and giving praises to GOD after every home run and victory.


With an environment surrounded with great temptations, (alcohol, drugs, girls etc), an uprising fame and career and a clear path to stardom, most of the people experiencing these would have been tempted easily and have gone with flow. But Tim didn’t do what most of the athletes did when they were in the same stardom. Instead, he did the opposite. He swam the other direction.


Read this article on usatoday.com and be amazed how GOD have kept this man the same as what He have planned him to be.


Sharing the link, http://usat.ly/A5RrQA

No comments:

Post a Comment