Tuesday, February 28, 2012

A Night To Remember

Citipointe Live live in Manila!


Citipointe Live is one of my fave worship band. I found out about them for about a year or two ago. One Sunday, they ministered the praise and worship on the evening services at Victory Fort. Since, then I became a fan because most of their songs really touched my heart deeply from within. It always feels like the lyrics of their songs are the exact words that I want utter and that the songs represent my feelings.

When I found out that they will be here again in the Philippines for another concert, I said that I would really, really love to come and watch them.  I am not a concert go-er person, so when I really want to see a concert, I want the best seat ofcourse. I checked on the ticket prices and decided that I want to be on the nearest seat possible which is the VIP A. The ticket is P1,500 each, which is very reasonable. I didn’t buy the ticket yet then. 

And as day goes by, circumstances changed and I can’t spend that amount of money easily. The concert date was coming and I still haven’t bought a ticket. Few days before the concert, I decided that I’d just let this one go and would not come to the concert. But at the back of my mind, I thought that I still have the chance to see them. I thought, they MIGHT lead the evening services at the Victory Fort a Sunday before their concert. And they actually did! GOD didn’t let me down.




I was so delighted then and felt so blessed! I didn’t spend a single peso to see them and I was really close to the stage. I was seated on the very front row (It was the same row when I first saw them). At the end of the service, I said that it’s OK if I can’t come to the concert because I already saw them and it was FREE. Though, I still have this feeling of I-wish-I-can-come-to-the-concert. 

GOD has a different plan for me though.

My Monday shift was all done and I was on my way home. I browsed through some FB feeds and saw a post from Citipointe Live fan page that tickets for the concert were on sale, for P50 only. I thought it was just a typo error and checked on some previous post, and it was really P50. I said I will go though I knew that ticket was for the farthest seat, I don’t care anymore. 

I asked my sister to come with me since she’s just in the area. I came at the venue before her so I checked on if other seats were on sale too and it was. I waited for my sister to come first so I can decide. And I decided that if it was still in my budget we can have the VIP B seats. Guess what, I was able to get us two VIP B tickets for only P950! That’s a big savings.




Before Citipointe Live performed, the organizers decided that ALL SEATS would be upgraded since there were many seats vacant. VIP A would get to seat on the nearest row they want. VIP B (which we’re on) will be seated on the VIP A and so on and so forth. Now that’s another big save!

GOD has set everything for me!

Being in a call centre that operates all days of the week and on a shifting schedule, you can’t plan your personal stuff not unless schedule was already posted. The concert date falls on a Monday, and as we all know, concert usually ends past 12 midnight. With this I can’t be on the concert if I have a work the following day. But as I said, GOD HAS SET EVERYTHING FOR ME. 

He knows how much I really wanted to come to the concert and He arranged my schedule, Tuesday and Wednesday were my rest days. 



He knows how much I wanted to be seated on the best seat and He gave it to me on a price that I can afford and have my sister come with me for free. 




He knows that I want to share the concert with my older sister and He arranged her schedule too.




GOD wanted me to be on that concert!

I just felt so blessed on that day! Praise and worship wasn’t new to me, but for the very first time ever since I served GOD, I was crying while singing praises to Him. There were times that I was teary-eyed while singing, but it was the first time that I actually cried and just let all my emotions and my feelings out! I was overwhelmed by GOD’s presence, power and blessings! I was overwhelmed by the Holy Spirit! Words can’t express how I felt that night. But it felt great to lift GOD’s name and to praise Him with all of me!




My older sister has always been one of my guides on my walk with GOD. Since I was little she always bring me to church and encourage me serve GOD. And that night, it was the first time that she saw me praising GOD that way.

It was all GOD’s will!




P.S
I did spend the same amount, P1,500 but I got more than what it is. Two tickets on VIP B and an album "Hope is Erupting" signed by Citipointe Live!



No comments:

Post a Comment